The Beautiful Wick Farm Bath
Set amongst 200 acres of quintessential English countryside, Wick Farm offers a picturesque backdrop for traditional weddings. Just outside Bath in South Gloucestershire, its sweeping fields and terraced gardens surround a charming manor bursting with rustic character. Annabel and Michael have chosen this tranquil farm estate to host their nuptials and craft a timeless celebration with classic details. Read on for an in-depth look at this enchanting venue and its plans for the big day.
About Wick Farm Wedding Venue
A former dairy farm dating back over 300 years, Wick Farm exudes pastoral charm. The main farmhouse features exposed beams, stone walls, crackling fires, and antique furniture that conjure up its history. Outside, vibrant flower-filled gardens and open vistas stretch across 200 acres of rolling hills and pastures.
Some key features that make Wick Farm an idyllic wedding venue:
- Conveniently located just 5 miles south of Bath
- A family-run business owned and operated on-site
- 17th-century farmhouse full of traditional character
- Tranquil country setting across 200 acres of fields and gardens
- Licensed for civil ceremonies in 3 unique spaces
- Elegant barn for receptions with countryside views
- Luxury accommodation in cottages and suites
- Seasonal menus crafted using estate produce
- In-house coordination to assist with wedding plans
- Capacity for 60-120 guests; more with a marquee
- Idyllic photo backdrops across the grounds
Blending heritage with modern comforts, Wick Farm offers a vintage venue rich in warmth and nostalgia.
The Grounds at Wick Farm
In addition to the charming farmhouse, Wick Farm’s extensive grounds provide picturesque backdrops for photography and outdoor festivities. Graceful stone architecture contrasts with colorful gardens, lush meadows, and woodland walks.
Some areas for photographers and revelers to enjoy include:
- Cutting garden – Flowers of all hues blossom from June to September
- Walled gardens – Stone walls covered with roses and ivy
- The Dell-Sunken garden is ideal for intimate ceremonies
- Apple orchard – Spring blossoms and autumn fruitage
- Wildflower fields – Swaying grasses and meadow blooms
- Saxon barn – Ancient stone barn draped in wisteria
- Chestnut Avenue – Tree-lined avenue for regal photo approach
- Spring – Ornate Victorian pool and garden folly
- The Front Circle – Circular drive lined with hydrangeas
These resplendent gardens, fields, and historic buildings offer photographer-pleasing, rustic-chic backdrops.
Ceremony, Reception & Capacity
From charming chapels to sprawling tents, Wick Farm presents couples with various possibilities for ceremonies and receptions.
Ceremony Spaces & Capacity
- The Drawing Room – Elegant room in the farmhouse for up to 100 guests
- The Dell-Sunken garden is suited for up to 150 guests
- Saxon Barn – Ancient stone barn for up to 120 seated
Receptions & Capacity
- The Barn – Ideal for receptions up to 120 guests
- Marquee – Canvas tent on The Front Circle for 200 guests
- Farmhouse – More intimate dinners up to 60 inside
Catering, Music & Dancing
- The in-house catering team provides bespoke menus
- Outdoor space for live music performances
- Stone patios for dancefloors, bars, and food stations
- Inside barn can accommodate bands, DJs, dancing
With its mix of quaint indoor rooms and sprawling outdoor venues, Wick Farm offers flexibility to craft unique celebrations.
For an extended stay, Wick Farm provides a variety of luxury on-site accommodations from romantic cottages to posh suites.
- Folly Cottage – Detached cottage with three bedrooms
- Wick House Garden Suite – Elegant suite in the manor
- Dovecote Suite – Suite overlooking the cutting garden
- Hayloft – Two-story cottage with a private garden
- Gamekeeper’s Studio – Cosy cottage for two beside the woods
With accommodations scattered across the estate, wedding parties can fully immerse themselves in the bucolic atmosphere for days filled with relaxation and celebration.
Amenities & Services
To ensure a stress-free experience, Wick Farm offers lovely amenities and attentive coordination:
- Dedicated wedding planner throughout the planning process
- Gourmet catering with customized menus and seasonal ingredients
- Full bar in The Barn and drinks packages available
- Beautiful bridal suite for preparations on the wedding day
- Tableware, glassware, and linens provided
- referrals to trusted local wedding vendors
- Staff for setup, service, and cleanup
- Groundskeeping team to maintain gardens
- Parking stewards and on-site coordination
- Audio equipment, microphone, and power access
- Disability access options across main venue areas
The seasoned on-site team will tend to all the details so couples and their guests can simply relax and savor the celebrations.
Timeline & Format
Annabel and Michael anticipate hosting 100 guests, with the ceremony and reception all at Wick Farm for a convenient one-location affair. Below is a tentative schedule they envision:
9:00 am – Bridal preparations begin in the bridal suite
11:00 am – Guests start arriving, directed to The Dell for the ceremony
11:30 am – Ceremony begins in the Dell
12:30 pm – Cocktail hour with drinks and canapés in the walled garden
1:30 pm – Move to The Barn for a sit-down reception
2:00 pm – Plated dinner service begins
4:00 pm – Toasts, first dance, cake cutting
5:30 pm – Evening barbecue and outdoor lawn games
8:30 pm – Sparkler send-off
Keeping the entire celebration centered at Wick Farm allows their wedding party and guests to soak up the tranquil ambiance.
Design & Decor
To complement Wick Farm’s vintage feel with a touch of elegance, Annabel and Michael envision:
- Ivory, blush, and pale blue tones
- Cream and gold accents
- Greens and eucalyptus
Centerpieces & Florals
- Cascading arrangements down farmhouse tables
- Loose blooms in mercury glass vases
- Sprigs of eucalyptus, olive leaf, and lavender
- Simple white linens and runners
- Gold flatware and glassware
- Farmhouse-chic touches like lanterns and doilies
- Wooden bench with romantic floral swags
- Milk cans overflowing with blossoms
- Chalkboard welcome sign
- Framed family photos on side tables and mantels
- Signage made from reclaimed wood
- Lawn games like cornhole, croquet, and giant Jenga
Blending timeless florals with farmhouse accents will create a cozy, welcoming atmosphere for guests.
Menus & Catering
Wick Farm’s on-site catering team will prepare delicious seasonal menus using locally-sourced ingredients for Annabel and Michael’s wedding day:
- Smoked chicken skewers with chimichurri
- Mini fishcakes with tartar sauce
- Beet, feta, and walnut bites
- Goat cheese and caramelized onion tarts
- Roasted squash soup with candied pumpkin seeds
- Poached pear, walnut, and blue cheese salad
- Herb-crusted beef with sweet potato dauphinoise
- Pan-seared salmon with ratatouille
- Ricotta and spinach stuffed portobello mushrooms
- Sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream
- Fruit tart with Chantilly cream
- Farmhouse cheese board
- Chili lime chicken skewers
- Smoky barbecue ribs
- Rosemary and garlic potatoes
- Corn on the cob
The menus provide seasonal flavors and hearty dishes befitting the beautiful countryside setting.
Entertainment & Music
Annabel and Michael want live music and relaxed fun to keep guests mingling and dancing all evening:
- Solo acoustic guitarist for the ceremony
- Jazz duo playing upbeat swing during cocktail hour
- Barn dance caller and fiddle player during the reception
- Outdoor projection of movie screen after dark
- Fun lawn games like oversized Jenga/Connect Four
- Late-night DIY s’mores roast at the firepit
- Old-fashioned photo booth with fun props
These laid-back activities will allow guests to cut loose and enjoy the fresh country air at Wick Farm. Kids and adults alike will find plenty of entertainment.
The Wedding Party & Guests
Annabel and Michael plan to invite 100 close loved ones to share in their special day at Wick Farm.
- Bridesmaids – Annabel’s 2 sisters
- Groomsmen – Michael’s 2 brothers
- Best Man – Michael’s friend Rob
- Maid of Honor – Annabel’s friend Leigh
- Flower Girl & Ringbearer – Their niece and nephew
- Family – 25 guests each
- Friends – 30 guests
- Work colleagues – 10 guests
- Wick Farm overnight guests – 10 rooms
With a cozy guest list of their nearest and dearest, Annabel and Michael will be surrounded by love on their wedding day.
Transport & Parking
Wick Farm offers ample parking in the paddocks and meadows surrounding The Barn venue. For guest transport, they’ll provide:
- Shuttle service to circulate the grounds on demand
- Designated drivers from the wedding party
- Local taxi information in the guest welcome bags
- Car service details like Uber provided in advance
To arrive in vintage style, the couple will hire a classic Rolls Royce or Bentley to drive them on the big day. With contingencies in place, transport will be effortless.
To accommodate all guests, Wick Farm can provide:
- Suites and cottages with wheelchair access
- Portable ramps for entryways
- Lowered buffet/bar areas
- Expanded aisles and seating space
- Tables set early for maneuvering
- Chairs with arms, cushions, and back support
- Hearing loop amplification system
- Menu cards printed in braille
- Adjustments to lighting and music if needed
- Dedicated parking spots close to the venue
- Golf carts for traversing the grounds
By communicating any needs to their planner, Annabel, and Michael can ensure all guests feel comfortable and included.
Wick Farm receives rave reviews for its warm, rustic-chic setting and fantastic food and service.
“We had our wedding at Wick Farm and it was everything we dreamed of! The quaint farmhouse, beautiful gardens, and delicious food exceeded our expectations. The staff was fantastic – they took care of every detail!”– Rose D.
“Our guests are still raving about the food, venues, and service at Wick Farm months after our wedding there. It’s such a gem – getting ready in the bridal suite was magical!” – Amelia T.
“If you want a vintage venue brimming with countryside charm, look no further than Wick Farm. The photo backdrops are amazing. We couldn’t have asked for more!” – Liam G.
These reviews reinforce that Wick Farm offers a picturesque, welcoming setting to craft your ideal traditional wedding.
Wedding Photographer, Michael Gane
To capture lasting memories of their celebrations, Annabel and Michael have booked acclaimed local wedding photographer Michael Gane to shoot their big day. Michael’s photojournalistic style ensures he documents all the candid moments organically.
Some keys to Michael’s approach:
- Years of experience shooting at Wick Farm weddings
- Brings an assistant for dual photographer coverage
- Shoots candid reactions and connections
- Captures wide venue shots and small details
- Scouts locations onsite for the best lighting
- Discreet and in the background
- Liaises with a planner about schedule and key shots
- Provides a mix of color, black & white, and fine art edits
- Delivers high-resolution digital files and prints
With his familiarity with Wick Farm’s grounds and spaces, Michael will perfectly capture the day while staying invisible until the perfect moments unfold naturally on camera. His emphasis on relaxed, authentic memories will provide Annabel and Michael with stunning images.
With its sprawling pastoral grounds and cozy authentic farmhouse, Wick Farm offers an ideal backdrop for traditional weddings filled with vintage romance. Annabel and Michael look forward to celebrating their love with family and friends while soaking up the tranquil countryside atmosphere. The photographs memorializing their joyous occasion will remind them of the beauty and memories made at Wick Farm for years to come.
Helpful wedding planning resources include: