Farleigh House Bath
Farleigh House Baths provided the perfect intimate and romantic setting for Sybil and Byron’s spring wedding. This historic Georgian house set in beautifully landscaped gardens overlooking the city of Bath was an idyllic choice for exchanging vows and celebrating with loved ones.
About Farleigh House Baths
Farleigh House Baths is a stunning Grade II listed building located just outside Bath in Somerset. Originally built in the early 18th century, it has been lovingly restored and now operates as a first-class wedding and events venue.
Some key features of this venue include:
- Elegant function rooms with high ceilings and large windows overlooking the gardens
- Licensed for civil ceremonies and partnerships so couples can get married on site
- In-house catering with customized menus created by the head chef
- Accommodates 50-120 guests for wedding breakfasts and up to 200 guests for evening receptions
- On-site accommodation in the bridal suite and 7 individually designed bedrooms
- Ample free parking for guests
With its sophistication and charm, Farleigh House provided the perfect backdrop for Sybil and Byron to host an intimate wedding with their closest friends and family.
Wedding Style and Colors
Sybil and Byron wanted their wedding to have an elegant yet relaxed vibe. They opted for a color palette of blush pink, ivory, and sage green. These soft tones perfectly suited the spring season and the romantic feel they envisioned for their wedding day.
The bride wore a stunning lace fit and flare gown with a blush undertone that complemented the color scheme beautifully. Bridesmaids wore full-length blush pink dresses in a lightweight chiffon fabric. Groomsmen kept things classic in grey suits with blush ties and sage green boutonnieres.
Florals played a big part in bringing the color palette to life. Centerpieces featured a mix of pink peonies, white roses, and eucalyptus greenery. The flower girl and ring bearer carried small nosegays of baby’s breath and ranunculus to complete the look.
Sybil and Byron held their ceremony in the Drawing Room at Farleigh House. This bright and spacious room was filled with natural light from its floor-to-ceiling windows. It provided a warm and welcoming ambiance for the intimate gathering of 50 close friends and family members.
The couple exchanged heartfelt vows under a stunning floral archway built by their florist using blossom branches, roses, and trailing greenery. Blush linens dressed small rounds guest tables, each topped with a loose bouquet of garden roses and ranunculus in soft pinks and ivories.
After the ceremony, guests were invited to an adjoining room for champagne and canapés while the newlyweds had photos taken on the grounds. This allowed time for the staff to flip the room for the upcoming wedding breakfast and reception.
Wedding Breakfast and Reception
Sybil and Byron’s guests were treated to a delicious three-course meal specially prepared by the chef at Farleigh House. Menu highlights included baked goats cheese tarts, pan-seared sea bass, and lemon posset for dessert. The couple opted for sage green linens, white china, and gleaming glassware to create an elegant reception aesthetic.
Speeches were given by the father of the bride, best man, and groom which struck the perfect balance between heartfelt and humorous. As the reception progressed, more guests joined to celebrate for a total of 120 in the evening. The evening’s entertainment included live music and dancing late into the night.
Throughout the reception, the couple stole private moments together and with their photographer, Michael, who captured timeless portraits on the grounds of Farleigh House. These images will allow Sybil and Byron to reminisce on their wedding day for years to come.
Sybil and Byron gathered an excellent team of wedding vendors to bring their vision to life:
- Venue: Farleigh House Baths
- Photographer: Michael Gane Photography
- Videographer: Magic Memories Video
- Flowers: The Green Florist
- Cake: Cakes by Sophia
- Catering: Farleigh House In-House Catering
- DJ: Bath Mobile Discos
- Makeup: Bridal Beauty by Lauren
- Hair: Locks by Lois
- Transportation: Vintage Wedding Cars Bath
Their vendors handled all the details – from florals and place settings to catering and entertainment – allowing the couple to relax and focus on each other on their special day.
Timeline and Schedule
Here is an overview of how the wedding day unfolded:
- 8:00 am – Hair and makeup began for the bride and bridesmaids. The groom and groomsmen got ready in another suite.
- 10:00 am – The photographer arrived to capture getting ready photos.
- 11:30 am – Guests began arriving for the ceremony. Ushers helped escort them to their seats.
- 12:00 pm – The ceremony commenced. It lasted approximately 30 minutes and included readings by the couple’s siblings.
- 12:30 pm – Guests congratulated the newlyweds before moving to the adjacent reception room for cocktails and canapés.
- 1:00 pm – Wedding party photos took place on the grounds while guests continued to mix and mingle.
- 2:00 pm – The reception room had been reset, so all guests were invited to find their seats for meal service.
- 2:15 pm – Wedding breakfast began. Speeches took place between the main course and dessert.
- 4:00 pm – Cake cutting followed by the couple’s first dance.
- 4:30 pm – Evening guests began arriving to join the reception, followed by music and dancing.
- 11:00 pm – Last call at the bar before the reception ended.
Having a detailed schedule ensured things flowed smoothly so Sybil and Byron could relax and be fully present throughout their special day.
Accommodations for Guests
One advantage of having their wedding at Farleigh House was the on-site accommodation. The bridal suite provided a luxurious place for the couple to spend their wedding night. Many of their nearest and dearest booked rooms in the venue’s self-catering cottages which were just a short stroll from the reception.
For other guests, Bath city center was only a 10-minute drive away. The wedding coordinator provided a list of recommended hotels that offered preferential rates for wedding guests. Options existed for every budget from 5-star luxury hotels to quaint bed and breakfasts.
The close proximity to Bath made it easy for those traveling from out of town to make a weekend of it. Guests enjoyed taking advantage of the world-class restaurants, spas, shops, and historical attractions in Bath during their stay.
Capturing Memories with Wedding Photography
Sybil and Byron hired acclaimed photographer Michael Gane to document their special day. With over 10 years of experience shooting weddings, Michael had a natural, unobtrusive style that allowed him to fade into the background while capturing authentic emotions and interactions.
The couple appreciated Michael’s emphasis on capturing the full wedding experience from start to finish. He arrived early in the morning to photograph the wedding preparations. Throughout the day he captured ceremony details, candid guest reactions, intimate portraits, reception events, and evening dancing.
Michael’s documentary approach enabled him to tell the complete story of Sybil and Byron’s wedding at Farleigh House. He delivered a beautiful collection of high-resolution edited images as well as a slideshow film so they could reminisce for years to come.
Why Choose Farleigh House Baths for Your Wedding?
For couples considering Farleigh House Baths as their wedding venue, Sybil and Byron would wholeheartedly recommend it. Some of the key advantages include:
- An idyllic countryside setting only minutes from Bath city center
- Stately Georgian architecture provides a sophisticated backdrop
- Flexibility to hold civil ceremonies on site
- In-house catering and accommodation streamline planning
- Dedicated wedding coordinator to assist with arrangements
- Capacity for both intimate and larger receptions
- Plenty of photo opportunities on the manicured grounds
- Newly renovated facilities with historic charm
Sybil and Byron found the staff to be welcoming, responsive, and attentive throughout the planning process and on the wedding day itself. Their guests raved about the beauty of the venue and the quality of the food and service.
Farleigh House Baths provided the perfect setting for the relaxed yet elegant affair Sybil and Byron envisioned. It’s a venue they would highly recommend to others seeking a picturesque countryside location rich in historic beauty.
Advice for Brides and Grooms
Based on their experience, here are some top tips Sybil and Byron would offer to other couples planning their wedding:
- Take time to enjoy each moment together on your wedding day. The hours fly by so quickly!
- Don’t stress about the small stuff. Focus on what matters most – each other!
- Eat something before the ceremony. It’s easy to get swept up in everything.
- Read each other’s cards privately before getting ready. You’ll want that moment.
- Allow extra time for photographs. Great images last a lifetime.
- Make a detailed day-of timeline and share it with vendors. It keeps things on track.
- Schedule some downtime after the ceremony. Even 15 minutes to unwind together.
- Assign someone you trust to handle any issues. Let them deal with problems.
- Have a second set of everything for touch-ups – lipstick, deodorant, bobby pins, etc.
- Try to work in a moment with each table of guests. Don’t get caught only mingling with a few.
Continuing the Celebrations after I Do
Sybil and Byron’s intimate wedding at Farleigh House Baths was just the beginning of their celebrations. The next day they hosted a casual brunch at their hotel for any guests still in town. This gave them one more chance to catch up with loved ones before they departed.
For their honeymoon, the newlyweds jetted off to Africa for an adventurous safari getaway. They spent two weeks exploring national parks, observing wildlife up close, and soaking up new destinations together. It was the perfect chance to relax after the busyness of wedding planning.
In the months ahead, Sybil and Byron continued celebrating their marriage with small gatherings at their new home. They had friends over for backyard barbeques, wine nights, and even some re-showings of their wedding video over popcorn.
A thoughtfully captured wedding like Sybil and Byron’s provides memories that couples can continue cherishing long after the big day is over. Their wedding photographs and video from Michael Gane Photography will be prized possessions for many decades to come.
Finding Your Dream Wedding Vendors
For couples planning their own weddings, finding the right team of vendors is key. Here are some tips on securing wedding professionals that are a great fit:
- Look at numerous vendor websites and portfolios to get a sense of their work. Make sure it aligns with your wedding vision.
- Read reviews from past clients. This gives insight into their overall service, quality, and pricing.
- Ask about their experience. How long have they been in business? How many weddings have they worked for?
- Request a cost breakdown. Are there any hidden fees? What is included?
- Meet in person if possible. Make sure your personalities click.
- Ask lots of questions. A reliable pro will happily answer them all.
- Discuss contracts and policies. Understand cancellation terms, payment schedules, etc.
- Imagine them as part of your wedding day. Do you feel comfortable working with them?
Taking the time to vet wedding vendors will pay off through successful partnerships with ones who share your vision and style.
Why Choose Michael Gane Photography?
For couples seeking a wedding photographer in the Bath and Somerset area, look no further than Michael Gane Photography.
With over a decade of experience photographing weddings, Michael has honed his skills to expertly capture the emotions, details, and personalities that make each celebration unique.
Here’s an overview of what makes Michael Gane an exceptional choice:
- Natural, unobtrusive shooting style puts couples at ease
- Expertise working at venues across Bath, Somerset, and beyond
- Professionally retouched high-resolution digital image files
- Option to purchase full-resolution print rights
- Cinematic wedding films and same-day slideshows
- Top-of-the-line cameras, lenses, and equipment
- Professional lighting to handle any condition
- Backup gear on hand for uninterrupted coverage
- Quick online gallery delivery after the wedding
- Personalized packages to fit every budget
Past clients rave about Michael’s warm demeanor, passion for his craft, and dedication to capturing timeless imagery. He takes the utmost care to document each wedding beautifully while staying unobtrusive throughout the day.
Couples who work with Michael Gane Photography will receive stunning photos and films to cherish forever. He is truly in a class above the rest when it comes to wedding photography in the Somerset area.
Sybil and Byron’s elegant spring wedding at Farleigh House Baths serves as inspiration for couples planning their own celebrations. From the romantic color palette to the intimate venue, every detail came together flawlessly. Thoughtful planning combined with a stellar team of wedding professionals allowed the couple to relax and savor each moment on their special day.
They encourage brides and grooms to focus on what matters most – your love and commitment to each other. With the right mindset, everything else falls into place for a joyful and meaningful celebration with those closest to you. Treasure the journey during wedding planning and don’t forget to stop and enjoy the special moments together along the way.
Before you know it, you’ll be looking back at your wedding photos and films reliving all the excitement and emotion of your wedding journey. Select your venue and vendors carefully as they will shape these lifelong memories. Plan thoughtfully but don’t forget that weddings are about love, family, and friends coming together. Focus on each other and the rest will beautifully fall into place for a day you’ll never forget!